LaGrange Engine Club Show Policies
EXHIBITORS AND VISITORS
- All exhibits must be operated in a safe manner, with barriers erected to exclude the public from operating machinery.
- No exhibit may be left running without supervision.
- Each exhibitor should bring appropriate fire protection equipment.
- Radio-controlled models are not to be operated on the grounds.
- Pets must be on a leash and controlled at all times.
- The staff of the LaGrange Engine Club reserves the right to remove any person or persons from the show grounds (Lorain County Fairgrounds) at any time at the discretion of the staff.
DRIVING ON THE FAIR GROUNDS
- No one without a valid driver’s license and insurance is permitted to operate any motorized vehicle anywhere on the fairgrounds. If you have a golf cart or any type of personal transportation vehicle proof of insurance will be required. Parents, please understand that you are responsible for all minors you bring to the show. This means minors may not operate any type of vehicle without direct adult supervision. You must be riding with them or in control at all times. This includes garden tractors and any motorized vehicle.
- Bicycles, mini-bikes, scooters, roller blades, skateboards, ATV's and all vehicles with handle bars cannot be used for transportation around the grounds. Antique vehicles (25 years and older) and reproductions are exempted. Unique vehicles may be exempted by special permission.
- Anyone driving in a unsafe manner or at high speed will be barred from the grounds.
DRIVING IN THE FLEA MARKET
- Personal Transportation Vehicles widest point cannot exceed 66 inches.
- Mower decks and other extensions must be removed from garden tractors if they are used for personal transportation.
AFTER HOURS AND CAMPING
- Quiet time will be from 24:00 Hrs (12am) to 04:00 Hrs (4am). No loud music, disturbances or use of motorized vehicles.
- No alcoholic beverages or firearms are allowed on the grounds.
- No open campfires, all fires must be contained.
- All campers must have a fire extinguisher.
- If you see a problem or have a safety concern contact security Sheriff Deputies patrol the grounds at night. Do not take matters into your own hands. If you cannot contact security and have an immediate problem call 911.
FLEA MARKET POLICIES
- No one is allowed to mark spaces or setup equipment before 5:00 pm Wednesday.
- Anyone roping off areas before the show must clearly mark their site with their name and phone number. Doing this does not automatically ensure that the site will be yours. It merely provides the club with a way to attempt to contact you. The club has the right to resize or move any display, without notice.
- The Engine Club staff reserves spaces for flea market and special displays. The Club uses a variety of marking methods including marking paint and printed labels. Please do not park in these areas unless they are reserved for you.
- Individuals whose displays are made up of mostly items for sale are considered flea market and may be charged accordingly.
- Because of limited space in the engine area parallel parking to the roadway will be permitted in approved areas only. Also due to space limitations, only engine exhibitors are allowed to camp in the engine area. If you don’t have an exhibit you must camp in one of the designated camping areas.
- General admission is $3.00 (children under 12 are free with an adult).
- Entrance fees are being collected at the ticket booths. Everyone passing through the gates, including the one by the steam engines, will have to have a hand stamp, exhibitor pass, or current membership card.
- All exhibitors are free of admission.
- There is no admission charge for exhibitors.
- Exhibitor passes are available to all exhibitors. You will need a pass if you want to go in and out without your display. See your department administrator or registration to obtain your pass.
- Please register your items and make sure we have your address correct. It's free and membership in not required.
- The registration table is in Building 19. It will be open on Friday and Saturday from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM and on Sunday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Note: You will need to pick up an exhibitor pass if you want to get back in without paying the $3 general admission at the gate.
- Membership is $5.00 Dues are collected annually at the show.
- Membership applications may be filled out at the registration table in Building 19.
- Meetings are held at 7:30 PM on the second Thursday of each month, with the exception of January and December, at the Lorain County Metro Parks Carlisle Visitor Center, 12882 Diagonal Road, LaGrange, Ohio.
- Exhibitors need not be members.
PLAQUES & BUTTONS
- Plaques will be given to the first 500 people who register.
- Due to the high demand, we can only give plaques to the first 500 exhibitors who register.
- Buttons are given to new or renewing members.
- The LaGrange Engine Club is a non-profit organization formed in 1970. It is dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and display of antique farm and industrial machinery and engines.
- The IRS has classified the LaGrange Engine club as a 501c3 charitable organization. This means that contributions to further the club activities are tax-exempt.
LAGRANGE ENGINE CLUB