Camping Rules and Regulations 2023
Dont forget that camping must be prepaid this year!
Please Contact Jane or Gary for more information.
2023 Camping Rules & Regulations
NEW FOR 2023. PLEASE READ
- 1. Gate will opened at 5pm Wednesday. Gates will be locked from 11pm Wednesday to 7am Thursday, and then locked at 8pm Thursday until 8am Sunday. Vehicles must be out of the campgrounds by the time the gates are locked.
No campers will be permitted into the campgrounds or onto the fairgrounds without a permit.No Exceptions!
If the situation arises where someone needs to get in or out of the campgrounds, or an emergency occurs, security or the Campground Superintendent will open the gate and assist the camper.
- 2. Camping permits are pre-pay only!! If you camped last year you should have received a post card in July with instructions for registering.
- 3. No marking off or holding camping spaces at any time.
- 4. NO VEHICLES are allowed to park in the camping
area once they are unhooked from the camper. The camp will be closed to traffic during the show. Parking will be available in the lot south of the campgrounds.
- 5. In order to use the electricity at the pole, you must furnish your own GROUNDED 3 WIRE CORD. 15 amp = 14 gauge; 20 amp = 12 gauge; 30 amp = 10 gauge. One plug-in per camper. Outside refrigerators are allowed, as long as they are properly grounded and do not block any avenues of egress.
- 6. Open fire rings are permitted. Maximum width is 2 feet for fire ring and must be no less than 10 feet from nearest combustible item. A hose, fire extinguisher, or bucket of water must be close by to help extinguish fires. Any individual or group with an unattended fire will lose privileges. Clean up your campfire and area before leaving the site. That includes taking unused firewood with you.
- 7. Water may be obtained at the hose bib with no hose to be left attached once trailer tank is filled. Furnish your own white food grade hose. Y connections are not allowed for multiple hook-ups. Each camper (mobile unit) must have a proper backflow device, either an ASSE I024 or ASSE I012, furnished by owner of camping unit. You
may NOT be hooked up to a non-drinkable water source. FIRE LANES are to be kept open at all times!
- 8. No hay or straw is allowed in the camping area.
- 9. The East (horse arena) 4-H gate will be locked at night. Campers can enter the fairgrounds at the main (North) gate if needed. Pets must be on a leash and controlled at all times.
- 10. Quiet hours are from 12:00 am to 6:00 am. All unnecessary lights must be extinguished and sound-producing items must be reduced to a decibel level that is satisfactory to your neighbors.
- 11. An adult must accompany each campsite.
- 12. All pressurized cylinders, whether in use or in storage, shall be chained or metal strapped and capped in a stable vertical position so they will not fall over and placed out of the way to protect from any physical damage. This rule also applies to turkey deep fryers.
- 13. No beer, alcohol, or other intoxicants are allowed in the Lorain County fairgrounds. Persons found in possession of beer, alcohol, and/or intoxicants of any kind, or any other illegal substances, may be removed from the grounds.
- 14. NO CHINESE LANTERNS in the camping area or on fairgrounds.
- 15. Anyone allowing gray water or sewage to be discharged onto the ground is subject to immediate dismissal and a fine of $250.
- 16. The LaGrange Engine Club, in cooperation with the Wellington Fire Department, require that you have a working smoke alarm and an updated fire extinguisher per each camper.
- 17. Do not affix anything to Fair grounds property.
- 18. The Campground Superintendent will rule on any questions not covered in these regulations.
- 19. Unruliness or Poor Attitude: Campers who become unruly or belligerent with the Camping Committee, or any Director of the LaGrange Engine Club, will be permanently evicted from the fairgrounds.
- 20. If you see a problem or have safety concerns, contact security. Sheriff Deputies patrol the grounds at night. Do not take matters into your own hands. If you cannot contact security, call 911.